Project Management Simulation Workshop PM50.00
The application of knowledge is a key success factor to learning. This course goes beyond the traditional project management class by first exposing the students to a rigorous study of the successful TenStep Project Management methodology. The students are then able to demonstrate their knowledge by managing a project from beginning to end with a software-based project simulation package. This approach reinforces the concepts and principles learned for effective project management. As a result, the students are more prepared to apply the methodology to real life situations. The students are graded through a compilation of quizzes and the scores achieved at the conclusion of the project simulation.
Upon completion of this course and achieving a passing score, each student will receive the TenStep Project Manager (TSPM) certification.
There are no prerequisites if you are not receiving the TSPM certificate.
|This class uses Simultrain Interactive project management software from STS (www.STS.ch)|
- Define the various aspects of a project
- Build and maintain an appropriate project schedule and budget
- Identify and manage issues, change, communications and project risks
- Manage human resources
- Identify and manage to the appropriate level of quality
- Identify metrics to improve processes and declare success
- Apply knowledge and experience to successfully manage a simulated project
Who Should Attend
- Project managers and team members that manage and work on projects
- Managers that manage project managers and monitor project status
- Clients, customers and all stakeholders that participate on projects
- Review the fundamentals
- Defining the work
- Building and managing the schedule and budget
- Managing communication, risk and human resources
- Managing quality and metrics
- Project Simulation (1.5 days)
The class contains exercises, quizzes, an eleven part case study and project simulation.
- Three or four days (24-32 PDUs)